The Presbyterian Church takes its name from the New Testament Greek word for "Elder": presbuteros. It describes the way the church is governed, with oversight resting on elected bodies at the congregational, regional and national levels.
The governing group in each congregation is called the Session, a body made up of men and women known as "Elders" who have been "set apart" by election and ordination into a supervisory role. The Session meets monthly to conduct the business of the church.
Elders generally serve for staggered three-year terms, with a third of the Session elected each year. Ordination is a for-life designation. Past Elders are part of a group called - collequially - the College of Elders.
Class of 2016:
- Mike Cox
- Sue Desmond
- Michelle Kaitchuck - Moderator of Mission and Outreach Team
- Jan McCune - Moderator of Ministry Guild Team and Grounds Team
- Alan Simmons - Moderator of Building Team
- Bill Rogers - Moderator of Fellowship /Spiritual Growth
Class of 2017:
- Jason Arnold - Moderator of Christian Education
- Aileen Howard - Moderator of Worship & Religious Arts
- Ron Kaitchuck - Moderator of Technology Team
- John Linder - Moderator of Personnel Team
- Julia Wadsworth
Class of 2018:
- Jacqueline Burton
- JongKoo Hong
- Mike McCauley
- Janie Miller
- Nancy Swickard
- Bob Wadsworth
Clerk of Session - Clara Rice